As SXSW Looms…
A whiles back I posted on the site about how I was fortunate enough to be chosen as a panelist for the SXSW Interactive Festival, and hence will be attending the nerd-fest in Austin, TX next week. This is something that you Systemics made happen! So thanks to you!
For those of you that don’t know about SXSW, it’s a 3-part festival: music, film, and interactive. I have yet to go to the music portion, but the film and interactive sessions are always pretty amazing. Any chance to be around like-minded people and nerd out is generally appreciated.
If you’ll be there, a few recommendations if I may:
- My panel, of course! Me and other funny people talking about pairing words with images. Tuesday the 15th. BE THERE.
- I’m donating a rather large poster of the “See Something? Cite Something.” comic/chart/poster/thingy to a charity silent auction, which will be featured in the Beacon Lounge. The lounge is a great place to hang out between sessions and I’ll be there admiring my own handiwork and trying to mooch of the free food and drink that comes in and out of that room.
- Check out Lanyrd.com’s version of the SXSW schedule. It lets you see which of your Twitter followers are going to be there, which helps you track down friends easily.
- There’s this whole new “SXSW Comedy” portion this year that looks amazing. Mostly looking forward to the live recording of the Nerdist Podcast but all the rest of it looks great too. You listen to the Nerdist Podcast, right?
- See, it’s not all stuff I’m doing! But here’s another thing I’m doing. It’s called 20×2 and it’s asking 20 speakers to answer questions in 2 minutes. This topic is “Why Did You Do It?”, which should be interesting as the “it” is left pretty open. Also speaking there is fellow panelist Drew Dernavich. It’s on Monday the 14th. BE THERE.
If you’re going to be there, leave a message in the comments! Got a panel you’re helping put on, a party you think is worth it, etc? Leave word! I’m not a big enough presence to arrange a whole “Systemcics Meetup” but I would like to meet up with those of you that are going to be there. Let me know in the comments or via Twitter!
There’s also some way where I can post the things I’m thinking of going to so you guys can see it? I’m working on filling that out and sharing it. It’ll replace this paragraph once that’s up.